If you’re thinking about getting new flooring for your residential or commercial property, you may be wondering what type of floor is best. We will compare epoxy versus tile flooring, so you can get a better idea of which one suits your needs better.
COAT Systems is an epoxy installation and repair company. We serve clients in the Greater Toronto Area with a lot of experience in the industry. Our products are tested to ensure they meet the highest standards. We are confident in the durability of the epoxy, and as such, we offer a 7-year warranty for flaking, blistering, and peeling. Our services range from residential to commercial and industrial. Epoxy vs Tile Flooring
What you need to know about epoxy flooring
- Epoxy floors have a UV protective coating, so it is protected against ultraviolet light. The colour won’t fade or turn yellow from constant sun exposure.
- It is resistant against scratches and also durable. As a result, epoxy lasts longer than other types of floors.
- Did you know that epoxy flooring is stronger than concrete? If you want strong floors that will hold up over time, epoxy is the way to go.
- It comes in many colours and finishes. Therefore, you can customize the floor to suit your space. Epoxy is more aesthetically pleasing than other types of surfaces.
- The surface is resistant against oils and other household chemicals. You don’t have to worry about spilling liquids on epoxy.
- It is food-safe and waterproof. This makes epoxy floors a good choice for homes.
- Epoxy is safe to walk on. This is because the surface is not slippery.
What you need to know about tile flooring
- Tile floors are durable. They last a long time and can handle a lot of foot traffic. Most tiles are strong and hard.
- Tiles are temperature and chemical resistant. As such, tiles are good for outdoor spaces or places that are print to spills.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain tiles. You can wipe them with a cloth and if necessary, you can use soap.
- They come in a wide range of colours and styles.
- Tiles have grout lines that can be tough to maintain. It’s a good idea to use grout sealer during the installation process.
- Tiles are temperature resistant but they can become warmer or cooler depending on the weather. That means in winter months, the tiles will be cold and when it’s hot, the tiles are warm to the touch.
- Tiles can be quite slippery. It is best not to install tiles in areas where water is commonly spilled.
- Another factor to keep in mind is that tiles are heavy. As such, try not to have tiles on the upper floors of buildings. Ideally, check the integrity of the house or office before doing so to ensure the structure is strong enough to handle the heavy tiles.
Get in touch with us today.
Do you want to learn more about epoxy or tile flooring? Contact us for additional information. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-649-8999. We are happy to provide you with expert advice and answer any questions you have about floors.